Bleach Soulwarriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Soulwarriors

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

People who act retarded piss me off.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nebula Cana
Admin
Nebula Cana

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Name: Shishigami Jubei
Race: Arrancar.
Ranking: Decima/Cero Espada.

People who act retarded piss me off. Empty
PostSubject: People who act retarded piss me off.   People who act retarded piss me off. I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 1:20 pm

I hate it when people get on your back after you call something gay. You could say that your computer is gay, or something else, but the point is that it is not to insult people, not even aimed toward them. Yet, too many times has some overly sensitive moron told me that they did not like it when someone, or myself referred to something as gay. Oh yes, here comes my point. Gay means more things than one, for example, some people have the name gay, and it means happy or something, as well. Whatever jackass deemed homosexual people with the term gay were a retarded, literate stooge who did not check the meaning of the word before making it up. Just for good measure, I will include something in here that pretty much proves my point on its own. Behold dictionary.coms reference on the word gay.

Gay
–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.
4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.
5. homosexual.
6. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.
–noun 7. a homosexual person, esp. a male.
–adverb 8. in a gay manner.

Let me say that the term gay used in concern with homosexual people was a later in time and usage after the before ones such as number one up there. I am not a racist, nor am I worried about the sexual preferences of others. Really, if someone else has a bondage fetish or whatever else I could give a shit. But, when someone annoys me because I called something gay, probably, or not, because of being insecure jackasses, it does piss me off. Those kind of overly sensitive people make me want to wring their neck.

Do not even get me started on when you go to the grocery store; someone does something wrong, fucks up, and then tries to argue with you about it. Granted, this has never happened to me personally, but it has happened to someone I was with in the store at the time. Then the clerk starts that bullshit, “calm down, ma’am. Calm down, sir.” Looks for anyway to screw you over and prove that you were being loud, yelling, or just being difficult with them. You are calm; you are just trying to get your shit straight when they are retarded. Oh, never curse, either. One curse word and you are out strike three! Then they use that to make it out as if you are a crazy person, violent troublemaker, or some other load of horseshit. I just wondered if anyone else encounters this kind of nonsensical rubbish, and if anyone else hated it just as much as I do. Well, I have shared this little rant with everyone, and await reply, or to see if someone who was possibly insulted by my words. Either way, I do not care. Hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
http://soulwarriors.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: People who act retarded piss me off.   People who act retarded piss me off. I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec 2009, 5:12 am

Eh. I disagree.

I am somewhat insulted when someone uses the term gay. It's really obvious if you're using it to mean happy or whatnot, or if you're just being a jerk. Alright, alright, perhaps you're not against homosexuals, but when you use the word to mean gay it doesn't matter if you're truly intending it in an insulting manner. You are judged on what you say. If you say something, even if you're joking, others around you will see that you don't think it's wrong. And, others might be offended. Perhaps you're the type who doesn't care if you offend others, but that just makes you a jerk in the end. (Although, that doesn't really matter to some people.)

So yeah, I get offended. Not terribly, but it does make me think things about the person in question.

On the topic of swears. I don't care. I don't use them myself because I would rather rely on my own vocabulary to properly express myself. There does come a point though when someone who swears is judged on their language. Then again, lots of people don't care if they're judged and lots of times people swearing aren't judged either. But if you do swear, you cannot expect that you will never be judged for doing so. The world isn't equal and nice like that.

It's not about what is socially correct or whatnot, it's just common courtesy. I respect people, I respect their life styles and their concerns. I am not going to say something, even if I don't mean it in an insulting or rude manner, that might offend someone. Just because I like to think that is the polite thing to do, and that if we try and listen and respect others than our relationships will be better. I would rather leave something unsaid, than push some limit because I am a rebel or I think it's funny, or I think it shouldn't matter/bother people. It does bother people, and that is reason enough to simply avoid the word or action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who act retarded piss me off.   People who act retarded piss me off. I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec 2009, 12:05 pm

Of course they get offended: they're using said word that also categorizes a group to mean "stupid." Did one of those definitions equivalate to meaning "stupid, dumb, ridiculous"? No, they were along the lines of either being homosexual or some kind of bright livelihood and flamboyance. Tis why when they say that I end up chiming in "No...looks homosexual/bi to me." It may seem idiotic of me to say such a thing; but that's my point, because them using that one word is just as stupid.

And do people not get pissed off if you would liken it to a racial group? "Oh that's so black," "How oriental of you," or "Gosh what a Mexican thing to do." Maybe we don't say that, but there are traits that people have decided are portrayed by another group and then that group becomes just as offended over being given a trait that is deemed unlikable to them. Of course many people today do seem to be a tad sensitive over these types of subjects, but nobody likes to be used as an insult to describe an action, object, or another person as "stupid/ridiculous/idiotic/dumb." And notice that there are a slew of other words that could just as easily be placed in the stead of how people use "gay."

Now I may have a skewed perspective, because I had to go around teaching shitty ninth graders not to be biased against their peers because of their sexual orientation and that "gay" isn't the same as "stupid."

As to swearing: people get mad so they do need to get over it. Not like we need to cater to every curse spewing person, but there comes a time and place where someone's going to crack and its well deserved. You brake a nail - get over it; you have a long day full of hardships and then that proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" - hell throw a fit all you want (so long as I don't have to hear/witness it). Now I absolutely hate those public displays because...they're as bad as listening to a child cry and you can't help but wait for them to get shoved or thrown out the door an return to your sense of peace, but then again I'm sensitive to other's emotions and hate feeling them when they're stressed about something to such a degree. They have a right to get mad, but its certainly not going to help their situation, and they're probably better off bitching to a friendly ear or screaming once they get home or into their car than at the store person who'd rather get them through the line quickly.

I'm probably babbling now so once again I shall cut myself off for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who act retarded piss me off.   People who act retarded piss me off. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People who act retarded piss me off.
Page 1 of 1