Bleach Soulwarriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Soulwarriors

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paksennarion's Abilities

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Paksennarion's Abilities Empty
PostSubject: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 1:35 pm

Name: -

Family: Neutral/Illusions

Description: When in the midst of using her abilities, or when feeling extreme emotions, red runes will appear on Paks' skin and glow eerily. Sometimes her hair and clothing will move as if in a stiff breeze, and when channeling too much of her powers or being too emotional Paks' eyes will glow.

The dark energy she controls is a black color, too dark for anyone to see through. However to Paks it appears transparent. The black energy does not have a reiatsu signature. It even blocks reiatsu from leaking through if someone was enclosed in it almost as if it’s a void. (On that note, she actually has the reiatsu signature of a mere human, not even a spiritually aware one at that, because her powers come from her lineage and not reiatsu.)

Ability: Paks’ ability is the use of psionics. Her mental capacities are incredibly inhuman due to her parentage. From her father she gained this strange control over psionic abilities. Her skill with these abilities is vast, practically omnipotent although she has no control over the use of most of them.

Empathy - This part of Paks' powers allows her to feel other's emotions; including absorbing them from someone or projecting her own emotions into someone else. If she absorbs someone's pain, she is able to induce healing.
Sensory - Paks can see and read auras, spiritual energy, other energies and emotions from long distances away and with an extremely high level of proficiency. This includes spanning dimensions and the barriers or cloaking systems people might use. If she has created a mind-link with someone, she can sense their aura no matter what should be blocking her from it. Because of these sensory conduits, Paks is at times assailed with visions or sounds of things that are far away. This is the strongest manifestation of her abilities.
Communication - Paks can communicate mind to mind with people, sending them words and even images. If she creates a mind link between herself and others they can even communicate back. She can project part of her consciousness into minds as well.
Physical - Paks can enter the astral plane, bringing items and/or other people with her. She can also use telekinesis to move/levitate objects with her mind in direct proportion to size:energy needed. These psionic abilities allow her to tap into black energy; a separate energy source from the astral plane which can be used as shields and in a telekinetic manner.

Weakness:

Because Paks’ abilities are so omnipotent, they put a serious strain on her mind and body. A human is not meant to host such powers, even if they are only half human the tension is immense. While Paks has control over her abilities in the sense that she can properly use them when needed, she has no real control. Most of her abilities have no off switch. She is constantly bombarded by emotions from the people around her, the glow of people’s auras, pain that others are feeling, images from far away which superimpose over her real sight, etc. Basically, her abilities, while vast, make it extremely hard to exist and function in the real world.

As an added hindrance, because her powers are based so strongly on her mental strength, when she channels a lot of power it tends to take a toll on her physical body. Like extreme exhaustion, sometimes her power ravages her body, burning through fat before moving on to muscle, sometimes even rending, etc.

Empowered Description: Nothing changes.

Empowered Ability Description: Paks' empowered ability comes with the advancement of her control. She is able to link her mind and abilities with physical constructs. This includes humans and other races anything that is in possession of a mind and psyche. Somewhat akin to a possession, she can see through the person’s eyes and experience what they are feeling. Her mind however stays as a separate structure from theirs, and while they can speak mentally, she at times can remain unnoticed in their mind. Paks can exert her will over the recipients if she tries hard enough, basically becoming the dominant personality and controlling the body physically. This works easiest with those who are weak willed, as anyone can struggle against her attempt. To a lesser extent, she can control minute movements of the body without wresting full control from the host. This generally manifests as simple motions, with the recipient unaware of why their body reacted so.

While in this state, Paks’ body is left without a mind within and totally defenseless. It takes five whole turns for Paks to disengage from the body she possessed and return to her own and two more turns to fully integrate with her own body thereafter.

Techniques:

Technique One ~ Doll - This technique allows Paks to use some of her energy and embed it into an object. Basically, what this amounts to is limited animation depending on how much energy she put into the object. This only effects inanimate objects. The animation itself is more of a breath of life, as the object takes on its own will so to speak for however long the energy inside it can sustain motion.

This does not afford the effected object anything other than maneuverability and a somewhat sentient personality lacking intelligence other than what is required to move. Because it is Paks' energy which created this "life" she is anchored to the object and thus can effect it with her abilities through the link even if they are not within sight of each other. If the object is animated for an extended period of time it may begin to develop a mind of sorts, including memory and a limited ability to think.

Cooldown - 6 posts

Technique Two ~ Illusions - Paks can use her mental powers to project images, feelings, thoughts, sounds, scents and even energy signatures into someone’s mind in tandem. By doing that she is able to create illusions that the brain registers as real. (Does not cause damage of any sort, perhaps confusion and distress depending on the person's mentality and whatnot.) These illusions may be placed on an (inanimate) object, in which case the object radiates the illusion and anyone who looks at it will see what was placed.

Half illusions (Using only a few of the senses) - 2 post cooldown.

Ex. An illusion only effecting sight but not touch, smell, etc.

Small/simplistic illusions - 3 post cooldown

Medium illusions - 5 post cooldown

Large illusions - 10 post cooldown

Humongous illusions - 15 post cool down

Durations - 1 turn for anything used in battle; 5 turns for anything used on a person in RP. For any illusions centered in an object of which the purpose is to mask or disguise the object for the purpose of smoothing things over (Like a building destroyed by random Espada attack on Karakura, etc.) lasts for its existence in the RP cycle unless mentioned otherwise; this does not effect actually important things but just those random objects that get effected by disasters throughout the course of life.

It takes two turns to embed an illusion within an object, and thereafter the illusion lasts for ten posts without needing to be renewed.

Technique Three ~ Shadows - This technique allows Paks to channel some of her energy to form a shade of herself. A doppelgänger if you will. This shade is an exact replica of Paks, and it can use her powers to an extent. A shadow can be destroyed with any serious injury, and when struck down it will simply dissipate into the air.

In order to create a shadow, Paks must have a focal point; this being an object of some sort most usually a braided object or weaving of some type through which she can form the shade. When the shade dies, the object unravels.

Paks can at times choose between forming two different versions of shadows. The first being the one described above, and the second is a far simpler one which takes less energy. The difference being that the second shadow isn't fully established in the human realm and thus its body is intangible, and unable to touch or be touched.

Cooldown - 4 posts for the normal shadow; 2 posts for the intangible shadow.

*Everything we spoke about before still applies.

Last edited by Paksennarion on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 8:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 12:20 pm

Ok, so here we go.

You can't use your Asteral Plane to Suddenly Escape from a Dying Situation by Dimension Stepping.
You can't use it offensively.

Your ability to use cyrokinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, aerokinesis, geokinesis, photokinesis will be highly limited, or not allowed at all. I will require the approval of another Admin for that.

You can't sense through EVERYTHING. There are certain things, you won't be able to sense through, such as a If your enemy is also Psionic and has created a barrier to prevent you from tracking your ally.

Your visions cannot be so accurate, that you will know everything. It will be like it is in those Sci-Fi shows. Vague and moderately accurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 1:10 pm

Isn't there that escape rule to begin with?

'Tis highly limited. That's why it says minor.

Paks' main ability is the sensing sorta. Other than empathy, it's the one she actually uses. But sure, if a psychic puts up a shield, then there's no guarantee that Paks will be able to break through it.

And visions are never accurate. XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 4:20 pm

I know we have an Escape rule, but Finding Loop Holes around it is pretty easy. If we try to patch them up, we would be restricting a lot of actions in battle, so I was making it pretty clear, that I don't want to see it being used as an escape route. Dimension Hopping is strictly forbidden. It applies double for escape/infiltration purposes. Now, having your own alternate dimension, is a different thing altogether, so I'm allowing it. Don't make me regret it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

Dimension hopping? Augh, I keep forgetting to add all the notes about Paks' powers that get discussed in these topics. The astral plane is linked to the human realm. So she goes into the astral plane, and then back into the human world. No sudden SS visits or whatever.

Paks does use the power to escape from fights, but following the escape rules that are used for all portal type things. (I.E. Paks creates portal, enemies turn, Paks tries to get into portal, enemies turn, if she wasn't stopped Paks is in portal now, Etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 9:04 pm

Your power will be closely observed, but for now, It is:

A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 1:16 am

Technique 1 - Blanking - Paks can enter a meditative state during which she becomes totally blank. All emotions roll off of her, and if she is injured in this state the injury would automatically be projected to someone else. Paks does not need to eat or sleep to maintain this state and once in it she doesn’t need to breath either as her physical body falls into stasis. As long as Paks is in this state she cannot use her powers to harm anyone in either a physical or mental manner. The only way this would injure someone was if they were to hurt her while she was in this state. If she chooses to, Paks can hide her aura completely. This is a purely defensive technique and allows for no offensive action while it is activated.

Cooldown - 5
Back to top Go down
Nebula Cana
Admin
Nebula Cana

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Name: Shishigami Jubei
Race: Arrancar.
Ranking: Decima/Cero Espada.

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:15 pm

Okay. First off, does she choose who it is projected to, or is it random? Also, I am weary of this because if it just rolled off to someone else, that'd technically be an auto hit, since they'd have no way to avoid it while it is being projected on them. You should also add a duration, how long does this state last?
Back to top Go down
http://soulwarriors.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:20 pm

The state lasts until she releases it.

She cannot chose who it hits, since Paks is unable to use any sort of offensive ability while in this state, which includes intent.

Eh, on the autohit thing. It's like illusion or sound or any of those multitude of weird types where dodging isn't so simple. It's a mental attack. So if you have a way of dodging or effecting mental attacks, then you can deal with it. And while it doesn't mean much, this only happens if someone attacks her. If she's left alone, nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
Nebula Cana
Admin
Nebula Cana

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:25 pm

Okay, well, you still need a duration. I can't approve something that last for as long as someone wants it to. So, it effects their mind, meaning the wound doesn't actually appear on the target, correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:41 pm

Hm... The idea of this technique is based off of the whole concept of meditating to reach a higher state in which the needs of the body are inconsequential. But, I'll try and see if I can think up a duration that makes sense with the integral concept of the technique.

Lessee... Uhm... The whole thread? Would that be acceptable, or do you need a post count? I suppose technically, Paks still needs to eat and whatnot, so... the longest this technique could last would be at most 12 days and depending on how long she is in it there are physical repercussions for not taking care of her body. Because while in the state she does not feel hungry but her body is in fact starving and therefore eating away at whatever fat is in her body before moving onto muscle and generally wreaking havoc with her body? (The human body can go two weeks without food, which I think is probably an extreme and thus anything close to two weeks would be devastating for the health.)

As for the mind thing. Yes it is mental damage, although there is the whole concept of the mind creating injury when it thinks it is hurt. So if the projected pain/injury is severe enough, it could turn into a real bodily injury as the brain thinks it is real and not just feigned.

(Although... I think perhaps I could make that have to do with her empowered ability since it's pretty strong.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 7:42 pm

Sorry for intruding Fibz... but before you continue, I want to say something as well.

Paks. If you go with the above definition, then Its Denied.

Being in a 'Higher State' as you call it, would only allow you to survive without food, but it wouldn't allow you to reflect damage, even Mentally. Ergo, to do so, Reiatsu is being used as a Stimuli Trigger which results in the Automatic Reflection of Damage. Two weeks in a state like that, would not only drain you physically, but Spiritually as well. Infact, the sheer pressure of being in this state would burn fat so fast, that going beyond a certain limit, specially in battle, that you yourself would not be able to maintain it as long as that.

Now, the second reason is, that such a power would make you near invincible. Now, either create certain specifications as to which attacks it will allow you to block. Like only Physical [Which is what makes sense actually] or such, because as it is now, this Technique is too OPed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 12:26 am

I said that was the basis for the technique, not what the technique was Kisuke-san.

Paks' powers are not reiatsu based, they are psionic which is the use of the mind to induce paranormal effects. Thus there is no spiritual drain as she does not use spiritual power, she uses what abilities her heritage grant her, which put a strain on her physical body and mind.

This ability makes it so that no attack can hurt Paks. It does not make her invincible because she harms herself while using the technique, and besides, invincibly is only really useful either as an RP prop or in a fight, and if Paks isn't allowed to take any action against an opponent then there really isn't a fight, and it's just used for RP purposes.

If it would ease your mind, it makes sense that Paks would need to be calm in order to use the technique as she has to mentally induce this physical state which would take severe concentration. Thereby she cannot use it in battle, etc.
Back to top Go down
Nebula Cana
Admin
Nebula Cana

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 9:32 am

The whole thread? Surely you jest? Let me make this very clear, without being rude as I often am. If the duration was an entire thread, there would be no need for a duration at all. Obviously, I would never allow this. Not only that but I would never allow a technique to last that long. So no on that part. Regardless of whether the powers are reiatsu based or not, nothing last forever. It would take it's toll on her, especially if someone was attacking relentlessly. Projecting pain so that it causes actual injury is denied, because that would be an auto hit. No way to avoid it. Only mental damage will be permitted.

Now, onto others things. Rhyme is correct, it would make you impervious to being wounded. There is no way anyone could cause you harm, which is another thing I have a problem with. In other words, a Gran Ray Cero could hit you head on and do nothing. It would just bounce off to someone else, without doing anything at all. I am going to say, even if she cannot fight back, there will be limits placed upon this. Saying that. I will need you to place limitations on how much damage she can take while in this state. As this has too much potential to become a godmodding technique.

First off, I am only going to allow you to use this for only three post maximum. It's too powerful to let go any longer than that. Also, if you are hit time and time again with something powerful like a cero. Then, you will no longer be able to sustain the state. Needless to say, if someone of Espada or other equal level were to continuous hit you with their blade. The same thing will happen. Now, I want you to choose a cooldown for this. Make it reasonable, nothing below ten post. I'll be observing your use of this technique, so please be cautious. Do you argee to these terms? If so, I will approve this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 9:52 am

One thing though. From your last post, Paks, I wanted to make sure of something. You said your powers are Psionic and not Reiatsu based?

Let me make this very clear. This is the Bleachverse, not Fantasy Shigamajig Land. Your power IS Psionics, but to use this power, you must burn some energy and convert it into the Psionic Energy [Remember that Energy can only be redirected or converted to a different form; not created or destroyed].

In this verse, the main source of all powers; the fuel, so to say is Reiatsu. Your power Converts REIATSU into PSIONICS. There's no going around that. G'day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 2:52 pm

Nomnomnom... I think it'd be easier if I just dropped the technique since it is bringing up so many issues. 'M not all the inseparable with it.

Kisuke-san, I realize that. However superhumans are generally considered to be the more diverse race, the melting pot of cultures and people. I am just melding a bit of occult into a character, which seemed plausible given humanities nature and the Bleach universe. She doesn't convert reiatsu into psionics. She converts her own bodily energy into psionics, which is why there is all that stuff about repercussions and whatnot up in the weakness part of my app.

If that draws the line, then it compromises my idea of this character and I will try and come up with a different character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 2:55 pm

Bodily Energy?

Expand on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:10 pm

Your body has energy within it, weather or not this is the energy of fat or cells or kinetic from muscles and things moving, there is an energy to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:20 pm

Using that would shorten your Life Span each time you used it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:37 pm

How do you get that?

And Kisuke-san, seriously, if you guys have an issue with all this I'll just make a different character or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:41 pm

I'd rather solve this here and now, rather than end it with "I Don't Like it. Make a New Character"

I like the way you've made your power.
But lets establish something. Its not your existing power that is the problem. Its the source which is. Can't you simply aspect that your Power uses your Reiatsu Pool as its source. It converts it into a different kind of energy before using. It Changes nothing, but conforms to the concept of Reiryoku being the main source of energy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:47 pm

Except Pakse doesn't have a lot of reiatsu.

Hmms. Well... I suppose whatever reiatsu she has, if converted into the energy she uses along with using up her bodily energy (Because I enjoy that particular weakness as it's fun to RP and I won't drop it for another energy source all together) could perhaps work? Does that suffice at all?

I'm sorry for such a hassle Kisuke-san, I really hate to be annoying people a lot and I know bad applications annoy moderators. Thanks for all the time you've put into making this work out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 3:59 pm

Sure. Fix up a Ratio of how much Reiatsu to Bodily Energy. I don't mind if its uneven. Its your choice. But Reiatsu HAS to be used in some form or another. Sry.
I don't mind even if it is in the most minute proportions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 4:17 pm

Ratio ratio ratio... Hm.

1:10 So Paks uses mostly bodily energy, which means she has all those fun side effects a lot and whatnot, however she does convert her reiatsu into energy too, but her control over that aspect of things is not all that good so she cannot convert large amounts were she even to have large amounts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 4:23 pm

Agreed. So, your Reiatsu to Bodily Energy Ratio is 1:10. Now that covers your Power.

As for your Tech. I still can't allow it, unless its for use Outside a Fight of any kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paksennarion's Abilities   Paksennarion's Abilities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paksennarion's Abilities
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next